Monday, September 24, 2012

Happy Fall!

IMG_3850

I’ve been waiting and waiting and it’s FINALLY here……..FALL!!!!! I think I’ve mentioned before that fall is my absolute favorite season. I love everything about it….the colored leaves, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin spice cake, pumpkin picking, apples, scarecrows……….EVERYTHING!!!! I have to also admit that I’m loving the slightly cooler weather right now :-)

To start off the season, I made some pumpkin spice playdough…. one word YUM!!!!! (The smell that is – I’m sure it’s safe to eat but it would be a little salty). It smells DELICIOUS and even LOOKS like fall!

Here’s how you can make it:

2 Cups Flour

1 Cup Salt

4 tsp. Cream of Tarter

3tsp (heaped) of pumpkin pie spice

2 Cups Water

2TBS Oil

A few squirts of orange food coloring

 

1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a saucepan (no heat yet).

2. Make a well in the middle and add the water, oil and food coloring.

3. Mix well then turn on the heat to medium.

4. Stir continuously until too thick to stir anymore (your arms will feel like they are about to drop off).

5. Dump out onto the counter (it’ll be HOT) and knead.

6. Play :-)

Michelle

4 comments:

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

I love making pumpkin spice playdoh for my students, too. :)

MamaDuck76 said...

Oooh, we made that last year & the house smelled TERRIFIC! :)

I love how adorable your pumpkin looks with the stick-stem and ribbon tied on it. Very cute!

Have fun with the playdough!

Unknown said...

Fall is my favorite too!! I definitely need to try out this recipe. I'm sure I would sit and play with it with my kids for hours just to soak in the Pumpkin Spice smell.

I pulled out our Fall books that we made last year from your store, and oogled over them! I just love them so much! Thanks for always making such amazing printables and books!!

Chrissy said...

This morning, I made Playdo and scented it with apple-flavored drink mix powder. (I forgot to buy apple pie spice.). The kiddos loved it! Fall is my favorite season, too. We are doing our apple unit now, but pumpkin Playdo is next on my list!

Have you tried cocoa powder in Playdo? t smells good enough to eat. :-)