Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Can Cut, Glue, Trace and Color! FREEBIE!





Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend :-) This week my posts will all be about "Getting Ready"..........we're almost ready to begin our "I can" series and I wanted to show you (and give you) some of the things we'll be using. Everything I'm using with Channing (who will be 4 soon) I would also use in my Kindergarten classroom. Some things I'm not even going to do with Channing but I'm creating them for when I do go back to teaching. I hope you'll find them useful too!


Here is my "Cut, Glue, Trace and Color" book. It includes a front cover and a page for all 26 letters of the alphabet. The kids read the sentence, Trace the words at the bottom of the page (MUCH easier to do BEFORE gluing!) then glue them in order. They also need to draw in some details on the picture so the sentence makes sense.

You will soon be able to find this in my TPT store.
All clipart used to make these printables is copyright and designed by Dianne J. Hook. I the permission of



DJ inkers to be sharing these printables! Thank you so much, DJInkers!


I am going to link this to:

abc button


11 comments:

Amy said...

What a great little book! My 4-almost-5 year old boy is going to love it - especially the cutting, and it will be the perfect thing to have to do when our new baby comes soon. Thanks!!

Annette W. said...

When do you think you will return to teaching?

I like this unit! Will be downloading it soon, I hope, to print!

Sherry said...

I am planning to use it with a boy who has Down's Syndrome. Great vocabulary for him plus appropriate fine motor skills to develop!
Thank you!

Precious Treasures said...

Will you be making a D'Nealian version of this? I love, love, love everything you create...and it is so hard to find cute printables in that style. Just wondering...and wanted to say thanks.

Holly said...

These are fun and fabulous Michelle! Thanks!

~Holly

Holly said...

These are so great Michelle!

Madison said...

I love that you share everything. I decided to pick you as one of my Top Ten Blogs. Thanks for all you do.
You are a Top Blog!

Anonymous said...

You are so creative and generous. Thank you for sharing your hard work and creativity.

Pocketful of Littles said...

I selected you as one of my Top Ten Blogs! You can check it out here http://pocketfullofkinders.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-blog-was-rated-top-10.html
and grab your button here http://www.teachingblogaddict.com/2011/05/top-10.html
Ms. Patterson
Pocket Full of Kinders

Unknown said...

Love these! They are wonderful! Thank you for sharing! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Unknown said...

You are so talented at creating your printables! My preschooler has all his letters and sounds down and we are starting to blend words but he's having a hard time understanding how to separate the words in a sentence. This is going to be PERFECT to help him understand the concept since he has to cut out each word and then paste it. Thanks a million!!